The Jets fan base can never have nice things.
They got an improbable performance in a 34-31 victory from backup quarterback Mike White on Sunday. White followed it Thursday with a touchdown drive to tie the score in the first quarter Thursday. And in typical Jets fashion, he gets hurt on the play and is out for the game. The offense still puts up 30 points, but the defense gives up 45. Unbelievable.
To talk about the loss, the White injury and where the team goes from here, we bring you a new episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast with Brian Costello and I. Former Jets defensive end and SNY Jets pre and postgame analyst Leger Douzable joins us on the second half of the show to dissect what happened to the defense and whether White will get the chance to start next week against the Bills.
Gang’s All Here Podcast with Jake & Coz:
- MIKE WHITE/JOSH JOHNSON: White looked great again and then gets hurt. Expectation is he will be fine to play next week and probably start at least that game before they decide on Zach Wilson. Josh Johnson did a nice job, although it seemed like the Colts defense had checked out when it was 42-10. Why did they trade for Joe Flacco if he was not going to be active for this game? Jets in tough spot now to cut Johnson after being effective.
- AWFUL DEFENSE: Jets defense has now had two pathetic performances in the past three games. This was just as bad as what they did against the Patriots. They could not stop the Colts rushing attack. It’s inexcusable to give up 260 yards on the ground. The talent may just not be there and we overrated this defense after getting off to a decent start.
Leger Douzable Interview:
Former Jets DE, SNY Jets pre and postgame analyst
- DEFENSE: This was really bad. They have got to be better than this if they want to win some football games.
- SALEH: Comparing him coaching Leger’s defense on the 49ers in 2017 to this team. There are a lot of young players. They have some key injuries. The D-line losing Bryce Huff was a big loss.
- MIKE WHITE: Being a practice squad player and fighting for a spot on the roster. The players love that story and many of them relate.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the podcast drop Mondays and Thursdays.
Credit: Source link