TikTok influencer Gabbie Gonzalez has been arrested in connection to an alleged murder-for-hire plot targeting the father of her daughter, former Why Don’t We singer, Jack Avery.
Inmate records reviewed by The California Post show Gonzalez, 24, was arrested May 18 by the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office before later being transferred to Los Angeles County custody and booked on a felony charge.
Records further show Gonzalez is currently being held without bail and was arraigned on Tuesday, May 19, in a Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Gonzalez is being held on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder, while her father, Francisco Gonzalez, was also arrested Monday in Florida in connection to the alleged scheme, according to TMZ.
Law enforcement sources told the outlet that the alleged plot stemmed from a contentious custody battle involving the former couple’s 7-year-old daughter, Lavender.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Francisco allegedly became heavily involved in the dispute, with one witness reportedly telling investigators he once said “it would be cheaper if Jack were dead,” per the report.
The outlet previously reported that Gabbie was arrested last week in Humboldt County, Calif., while allegedly preparing to board a flight before later being transferred to Los Angeles County custody.
Authorities believe the alleged plan dates back to 2021 and included efforts to surveil Avery while he was living in Hawaii. Investigators allege members of the Gonzalez family sought photographs or videos of the singer smoking or drinking that could potentially be used against him in custody proceedings.
One alleged communication cited in the report included Francisco writing, “Call Barca … never too early,” which investigators believe referred to Dustin Barca.
Authorities allege Gabbie and her friend Kai Cordrey later attempted to recruit Barca to threaten Avery.
The outlet further reported that a witness told investigators Gabbie said her father electronically sent Kai $10,000 in April 2021 under the guise of “web-development payments.” Kai later allegedly told investigators the explanation was fabricated and that he had not performed any web services.
Using information provided by Kai, a federal agent later allegedly posed as a hitman and participated in a phone call with Francisco, during which investigators claim payments and the intended target were discussed.
The reported investigation appears to have been ongoing for years. In a September interview, Avery previously recalled FBI agents arriving at his home to warn him someone was allegedly attempting to have him killed, though he did not publicly identify Gabbie at the time and still praised her parenting.
Gabbie built a sizable social media following through lifestyle content, travel videos and posts documenting motherhood and daily life.
Download The California Post App, follow us on social, and subscribe to our newsletters
California Post News: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, YouTube, WhatsApp, LinkedIn
California Post Sports Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, X
California Post Opinion
California Post Newsletters: Sign up here!
California Post App: Download here!
Home delivery: Sign up here!
Page Six Hollywood: Sign up here!
Read the full article here


